Saturday 22 November 2014

Meet the Students #4

Hi everyone! I'm Monica Saigal, I draw in my free time and doodle during class.
Through my art work I am able to journey back to that moment in the past, away from this hurried world and into those open spaces that are quickly disappearing. 
On this planet, people communicate with words, but an artist communicates through the language of art. It is easy to make a formal analysis of the work and to position it in the great and diverse continuum of contemporary painting. Yet, it is my belief that the painting must do its work from a more subversive place, a place familiar yet enigmatic, known but unknown.
Whenever I begin a new piece of work I arrive with my brush and heart in hand. With my imagination as my guide, I take what I see in this place and make it my own. I am not ruled by what is real. It is the bold and vibrant colours, packed with their emotionally charged energy, that lift me and move me in the direction that I need to go. I respond to them as they do to each other and together we head off.  
Check out some of my art!



No comments:

Post a Comment